Royal Life Saving Society
RLSS National Water Safety Management Programme; (DEFRA 1)
Occupational Water Safety – Protect your employees with the National Water Safety Management Programme. Recent floods, following on from a recent spate of summer drowning’s, have focused attention on the need for employers to provide appropriate workplace training in line with statutory and civil obligations.
RLSS UK has responded to employers’ needs by developing the NWSMP. Endorsed by the Health and Safety Executive, the Programme is also fully compliant with the DEFRA framework - the UK guide for flood resilience and management.
NWSMP challenges perceptions about water safety, informs about the specific nature of water-based hazards and cross matches to sensible, practical control options – linked to in-house management systems. As well as a strong focus on preventative measures, the awards also teach emergency response skills.
Birmingham & Midland Marine Services can offer you a tailor-made course, building upon the Level 1 ‘Water Awareness’ (Foundation level) module. If we can discuss your working environment by email or telephone we can advise upon a suitable and relevant programme of training to your companies / organisation's exact needs.
Who is NWSMP for?
Anyone who works or could potentially work near water, including those who might be involved in emergency management. This includes a range of workforces such as;
We can provide bespoke water safety training courses for the construction, civil engineering, rail, utilities, events, maintenance, environmental, emergency services and military sectors.
Birmingham & Midland Marine Services offer:
RLSS Water Safety Awareness and Rescue Training
We offer the Royal Life Saving Society 'National Water Safety Management Programme' which is HSE endorsed, also CDM regulations 2015 and DEFRA compliant.
Course place prices from £160.00 per candidate, number of modules taken dependant.
- Combined 'Water Awareness’ & 'Still Water' modules: Canal based with live rescue training - £160.00 per candidate.
Additional Modules include:
- 'River' module - £40.00 per candidate.
- 'In Water Rescue' module - £40.00 per candidate.
- 'Aquatic PPE user's' module - £40.00 per candidate.
- 'Flood Awareness' module - £40.00 per candidate.
- 'In Water Skills' session - £40.00 per candidate.
- In water equipment hire - buoyancy aid, boots, drysuit & helmet - £15.00 per candidate.
- Life jacket hire - £5.00 per candidate.
Discounts are available if booking in excess of six candidates per course or four or more modules / sessions over two days consecutive training.
Additional RLSS Water Safety training ‘closed-course’ availability:
- IQL / RLSS Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding, Intervention, Supervision and Rescue (NPLQ)
- RLSS Aquatic Therapy Shallow Pool Rescue Award (ATSPRA )
- RLSS Emergency Response Pool (ER-Pool)
- RLSS National Rescue Award to Teachers and Coaches of Swimming (NRASTC)
- RLSS Open Water Lifeguard (OWL)
- RLSS Pool to Pond
- RLSS Water Smart Award
Additional IQL / RLSS First Aid ‘closed-course’ availability:
- IQL / RLSS Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (FAW)
- IQL / RLSS Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
- IQL / RLSS Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (PFA)
- IQL / RLSS Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (EPFA)
- IQL / RLSS Level 2 Award in Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- IQL / RLSS Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis (BLSMA)
To discuss designing a bespoke course for your company or organisation please contact us for further information. Discounts on group bookings available.
Click here to download the syllabus or contact us for further information.
Click here to go back to the training page