Birmingham & Midland Marine Services offer a boat delivery service by water only, for ‘Private & Leisure Craft’, ‘Commercial Vessels’ such as ‘Workboats’ and boats in need of relocation such as ‘Sailaways’ and Hire Fleet Vessels.
Skippers and Coxswains hold either MCA BoatMasters or RYA Inland Waterways Helmsman Certification (workboat trained), vessel dependant (£5m Public Liability Insurance).
For commercial vessel movements, contact Rich Gray on 07527 727169 or email:email@example.com
Private & Leisure Craft, Delivered by Water:
Please call us of email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will require from you: - please have the information ready for us:
- Name, Address, E-mail and Phone No.
- Boat Type, Length & Width.
- The Location of the Boat and its Destination. Including the Postcode
- The Date & Time of Collection and the Desired Delivery Date.
- Be aware that Canals are not Motorways and time should be allowed for queuing and passage of Locks, especially in high summer. If you think it will take two days, allow for three. (For passage planning see this link - https://canalplan.org.uk/cgi-bin/canal.cgi
- Your Boat should be Serviceable and in good order for Navigation.
- It should have enough Diesel & Gas for the trip.
- The Roof should be cleared of all 'Out of Gauge' Obstructions.
- Be sure to provide Mooring Lines (including Centre Line), Windlasses, Anti Vandal Key, Waterways Key, Lump Hammer, Pins/Chains/Clips, Spare Oils and Grease. And Spares such as Alternator Belts if possible.
There is a £250 Deposit payable Before the Trip will commence. The Balance of payment is Due on Delivery.
Extra Charges will be made for Diesel and Maintenance Stops. Make sure everything is in Good Working Order first.
On Long Trips our Skipper may need to sleep on board. He will bring a Sleeping Bag and leave everything 'Ship Shape'.
Check your Route for 'Stoppages' on The Canal & River Trust website. Make sure the Canals/Rivers you need are Open for Navigation on the days you require them.
We can Tow Boats if necessary. Let us know your requirements and allow extra time for Locks. Two boats may not fit in the same lock.
Birmingham & Midland Marine Services are fully insured for commercial and vessel deliveries and also hold £5,000.000.00 Public Liability Insurance.
You can contact us for a quote on 07527 727169 or by email on email@example.com. Please ensure you have the start and end location addresses in full.