For ‘Passenger Operations’ (capacity of 12 plus) ‘Workboat’ & ‘Towing or Pushing’ entitlements
- MCA BoatMaster Ancillary ‘Water Safety & Personal Survival’ (Restricted)
- MCA BoatMaster Ancillary ‘Boat Fire Safety’ (Restricted)
- MCA Tier 2 ‘Task Record Book’ Completion Course
The above courses need to be undertaken along with your ‘underpinning knowledge’ of MCA regulations prior to sitting a BoatMaster’s exam. An accepted First Aid course such as the RYA First Aid qualification is also a requirement and also available at Gailey Wharf Training Centre.
Qualifying services time, recorded in your ‘Work Record Book’ is also needed to progress to BoatMaster. Contact us for further information.
MCA BoatMaster Ancillary ‘Water Safety & Personal Survival’ (Restricted) –
- Avoiding accidents
- Operating injuries
- Man overboard
- Lock safety
- Strong flows, currents and tides
- Vandalism and aggression
- Rescue equipment
- Equipment carried on board
- Lifesaving equipment
- Dealing with hypothermia
- Cold Shock and other medical considerations
- Weil’s disease and other waterborne infections
- Risk assessment
- Health and safety law
MCA Boat Master Ancillary ‘Boat Fire Safety’ (Restricted) –
- Triangle of combustion
- Classification of fire
- Fire legislation
- Fire hazards on boats
- Fire prevention
- Actions on discovering a fire
- Carbon Monoxide
MCA BoatMaster Ancillary Training is a requirement to obtain an MCA licence for ‘Workboat’, ‘Towing or Pushing’ & ‘Passenger Operations’ (capacity of 12 plus) entitlements.
MCA Tier 2 ‘Task Record Book’ Completion Course
MCA Task Record Books need to be signed off by your BoatMaster trainer, a tick in the box upon every successful manoeuvre, completed to their satisfaction. Contact us for further details.
Discounts available on group bookings / closed courses.