Royal Life Saving Society ‘National Water Safety Management Programme’
Helping employers comply with the statutory requirements: Personnel working water’s edge where a risk assessment details the chance of an ‘accidental immersion’. HSE endorsed and DEFRA (Flood module) / CDM Regulations 2015 compliant.
Supporting Employers – Protecting Employees.
RLSS UK has developed the National Water Safety Management Programme (NWSMP) to provide a flexible occupational water safety management training solution for a wide range of employers who require their workforce to operate safely in or near water.
- Equip anyone working in, on or near water with essential knowledge and skills to make informed decisions about managing safety.
- Enable group leaders to deliver safer activity at open water sites.
- Develop occupational water safety skills for employees working around the water margins.
- Facilitate compliance with Statutory and Civil obligations, especially the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 with related regulations and covering Safe Systems of Work.
- Develop effective Emergency Response Skills for those working in a water-based environment.
- Water Awareness (Available as a half-day course – see ‘shore based / classroom’ page.
- Still Water
- Aquatic PPE
- In-Water Skills
- In-Water Rescue
12:1 candidate / instructor ratio for ‘Still Water’, 8:1 at the river. Full aquatic PPE can be hired by arrangement if required.
Course places start from
- Level 1) Water Awareness
- Level 2) Still Water or Flood or River module with optional ‘In-Water Skills’ session covering self-rescue techniques.
From £185.00 per candidate plus venue / kit hire costs if applicable.
Same day 1, day 2 has options
- Options A) Two further Level 2) modules: Still Water or Flood or River
- Option B) One further Level 2) module Still Water or Flood or River, Level 3) In-Water Rescue not for poor swimmers.
From £300.00 per candidate plus venue / kit hire costs if applicable.